The Wandering Arts Biennial is a research and production biennial that focuses on mobility, versatile production and presentation methods in the field of contemporary arts, and the nomadic practices of artists.
For this third edition Mira Sanders proposed a framework for reflection:
“I propose to reflect upon the idea of ‘wandering along a limit(s)’ (that can be political, historical, cultural social, physical or geographical). The question that follows is, ‘how can you form (an) image(s) of a wandering along (a) limit(s)?”
oracle has been part of WAB since 2017 and since then nadine has become oracle’s main supporter on an artistic and administrative level. As a platform for artistic encounters and exchange with other artists, nadine and WAB became a home for the oracle practice and its community. In the 3rd edition of nadine’s Wandering Arts Biennale oracle participated in several ways:
- through spontaneous practices in public spaces
- through exploring the oracle practice in the format of
a lecture performance in the Symposium “The intra-action between documents and its users”, organised by Luca School of arts and nadine.
- through vocally reading exhibitions of other WAB #3 participants:
– Teresa Cos at Argos
– Gudny Rósa Ingimarsdóttir at exhibition space of Saskia Gevaert
– Shervin Kianersi Haghighi at nodine
– Christian Hansen at Experimental Intermedia
- through collaborating with other artists from WAB and with their practices
- through creating dannie.i
- through joining the regular events organised by WAB, like the opening at IMal, the Symposium, the outdoor event at parc Friche and so forth
WAB is a project by nadine vzw.